Looking for something sweet, crispy, quick, easy and healthy recipe? Here are my whole wheat eggless sweet pancakes aka Sweet Dosa. We call this dosa thiyyappachi. This was our favorite evening snack as a kid and mom used to serve these dosas when we were home hungry from school. These pancakes can be served as breakfast too and im sure kids would leave to school asking for more. These are super easy with a very few ingredients and tastes great too. My brother after coming home from school used to add sugar in water and once melted give it to mom and ask her to make these dosas for him. yep he loves that much!
Ingredients you need: ( All measurements mentioned here are approx quantities, please do adjust )
- 1/2 cup finely ground whole wheat flour ( goduma pindi / atta )
- 2-3 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar( adjust sugar to taste )
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Zest of an orange
- oil / ghee( clarified butter ) as needed
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup of water
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, add water and sugar. Let the sugar completely dissolve in water and then keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir in whole wheat flour, rice flour, orange zest and salt .
- Whisk in dry ingredients into sugar water making sure there are no lumps inside
- Heat a tawa or griddle, and just pour the batter like you do for rava dosa / ragi dosa, you should not spread it out.
- Dot the edges with ghee( clarified butter ) or oil
- Flip the dosa once its crisp and browned on one side, repeat the same for the other side
- Once completely cooked remove from heat and serve.
This recipe is directly from moms kitchen, but to add some refreshing flavor to these sweet dosas i have added orange zest and this complemented the dosas very well. Adding fresh nutmeg gives unique flavor to the pancakes. Usually nutmeg can complement well with any sweet dishes. I usually like to relish these pancakes hot from the griddle, but these taste good even cold. Please make a note that you need to adjust the amount of ingredients as they are approximate. The best part of these eggless pancakes is that they are fiber rich and super easy!
My whole wheateggless pancakes aka sweet dosa is on its way to: