You can definitely make your family berry favorite with my blueberry almond yogurt smoothie. Blueberries are excellent source of fiber and vitamin C. Blueberries are my favorite out of the all berries and are very delicious eaten out of hand. Choose blueberries that are firm and indigo blue. Wash them with water and relish immediately, or you can store in the waterproof container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Also you can freeze these cuties to enjoy all year long. First freeze them in one layer on a plate right out of the carton and once frozen transfer them to a freezer bag. Be sure not to wash them before storing.
Ingredients you need:
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries / frozen berries
- 1 cup yogurt
- some ice
- sugar / honey to taste
- light whipped cream ( optional )
- 5-6 whole soaked Almonds
How to make healthy blueberry smoothie:
- Soak the whole raw almonds in water for 5-6 hours. I usually soak them at night, so that they will be ready to go into the smoothie the next day. Once soaked overnight these almonds become pulp and the skin comes off very easily.
- Put all the above ingredients along with the almonds in a blender and run it until smooth. You can add some whipped cream ( if you don't mind those extra calories )
- I like some chunky blueberries in my smoothie, so i add a few more blueberries at the end and run the blender under pulse setting
This blueberry almond yogurt smoothie can easily boost your nutritional needs is a healthy way to start your morning. Try having it along with your breakfast and you'll see the difference. So light, tasty and healthy and the best part you can control the calories.
My smoothie is off to the events: