I am here again with my indian style spring roll. I like to try indian versions of various foods. Since my spring rolls weren't that spicy, I made spicy indian potato curry and stuffed in the spring roll. And the result was unbelievable! I will post the recipe tonight.
To make the curry:
2 large boiled and peeled potatoes
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 large or 2 small red onions
5 green chillies chopped
Chopped ginger and garlic 1 tsp
Coriander and mint leaves finely chopped
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder( Dry mango powder )
Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp or more( depends on your taste )
Oil for saute
- Heat the oil and saute onions, ginger garlic, green chillies. ( Hint: Add some salt and sugar so that onions can will be fried to golden brown perfectly ).
- Add the powders and fry for a 30 seconds,
- Add frozen peas and saute them until they are fully cooked.
- Add peeled and chopped potatoes. Cook them for 8-10 min until the potatoes absorb all the spices.
- Adjust salt and red chilli powder to your taste.
- Before switching off the heat., add coriander and mint leaves.
Now that your filling is done, Put this filling in the spring roll wrap and fry them. I would like to serve these with Green Chutney( Mint and coriander chutney ) and Tamarind sweet chutney ( Tamarind and Dates chutney ). Hope you would try this recipe.
Tags:Indian spring rolls, Simple Spring Rolls With Potatoes