Posted by KALVA at 4:53:00 PM
Happy Valentines Day!! Hurray Valentines Day is here and i am sure everyone will be busy trying to put up something special for their Valentine on this Valentines Day! I believe, the best way to win a great heart is to cook good food loaded with lots of LOVE. Here are my special Valentine Vegetable Heart Cutlets along with my Chocolate Covered Fresh Strawberries that are sure to make any dinner special and memorable!
An array of Vegetables are steamed and then mixed up with ginger, garlic, green chillies, cashew nuts, raisins, garam masala, amchur with lots of cilantro and mint, binded with some breadcrumbs and then shaped into little hearts and then either sauteed or deep fried to perfection are so easy to make and are yet full of flavor!
- 3-4 Potatoes
- 1-2 carrots
- 15 beans
- 1/4 cup peas
- 3-4 green chillies or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp amchur powder
- chopped cilantro
- chopped mint
- breadcrumbs or ground stale bread
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Peel potatoes and carrots and chop them into big chunks. Cut beans into 2 inch long pieces.
- In a steamer, add potatoes, carrots, beans, peas and corn and then steam until the vegetables are tender. I usually use a pressure pan, where i will put these vegetables in a steamer basket and then pressure cook for just 1 whistle, once cooked remove and let it cool.
- Mean while chop ginger, garlic and green chillies very fine and keep aside
- If you prefer to use bread, let it dry over the counter and then powder the bread ion a food processor.
- Once the vegetables are cooled, mash them and then add garam masala( chaat masala ), amchur powder, ginger, garlic, green chillies, raisins, cashew nuts, cilantro, mint, red chilli powder, salt to taste.
- You need to add breadcrumbs little by little just to bind everything together.
- Heat either a griddle or kadai with oil for deep frying.
- Shape the cutlets in heart shape, apply breadcrumbs on both sides and wither deep fry or shallow fry until brown on both sides. Let them drain on paper towels!
- Serve these Spicy Vegetable Hearts along with your choice of Ketchup Or Chilli Sauce!!
Serve these special Valentine Vegetable Hearts as appetizer, then your regular entree and then finish up with my Fresh Chocolate Covered Strawberries. You are sure gonna see beautiful smiles on your Valentine's face! Oh just don't forget to light up Some Candles!! Nothing beats Candle light Dinner @ home!
My Spicy Heart Valentine Hearts are on their way to:
- Healing Foods - Ginger and Garlic started by Siri
- Herbs And Flowers - Mint
- Fast Food Not Fat Food
- Kids Delight - Street Food
- Deep Fried Snacks
- Only - Cooking with Bread
My hearty cutlets are on their way to 'Food Palette series - Brown'
P.S. Everyone has unique taste palette, so please adjust the ingredients according to your taste.