No more excuses for skipping breakfast!!!. Here's how to whip up a fresh, natural and healthy nutritious smoothie perfect fit for a beautiful sunny day in less than 15 minutes.. My Strawberry and Kiwi luscious smoothie is sweetened with honey and fresh home made yogurt. The regular smoothies at the stores are brimmed with ice cream, which i would like to replace in the early mornings with some good old plain yogurt. I have made Strawberry smoothie for my husband, and for myself a Kiwi-Strawberry smoothie.
For the above Strawberry smoothie, i have just blended some strawberries, yogurt and sugar.. This is for my husband at dinner..
- 1 cup fresh plain low fat yogurt(store bought low fat Dannon or homemade curd)
- Milk ( optional, add if the yogurt or curd is too sour )
- 5 fresh ripened Strawberries
- 1 ripened kiwi ( you can core it if you want )
- Honey according to your taste
- Clean and chop strawberries
- Peel Kiwi fruit and you can remove the core if you don't like any seeds
- In a blender( I use Braun Hand Blender, so easy to whip up any smoothie in no time ), add strawberries and Kiwi.
- Once pureed, add ice, honey and yogurt and blend it until frothy.
- And the toppings could be endless from fresh fruit to cereals like granola, raisin bran or your favorite cereal , now that's a complete nutritious breakfast!!!
- Fresh Produce Of The Month : Strawberries hosted by Marta -- Yep these are fresh from my favorite "Marias Market" a local Farmers Market.
- Healthy Cooking hosted by Mansi -- Mansi i skipped ice cream and used honey instead of sugar...
- Express Breakfasts hosted by Raaga -- Yep done in 15 min or less
- Summer Splash hosted by Arthee -- This strawberry and kiwi honey smoothie is indeed a refreshing drink in these hot summers
- WYF - Juices and Ice cream event hosted by EC of Simple Indian Food