No more excuses for skipping breakfast!!!. Here's how to whip up a fresh, natural and healthy nutritious smoothie perfect fit for a beautiful sunny day in less than 15 minutes.. My Strawberry and Kiwi luscious smoothie is sweetened with honey and fresh home made yogurt. The regular smoothies at the stores are brimmed with ice cream, which i would like to replace in the early mornings with some good old plain yogurt. I have made Strawberry smoothie for my husband, and for myself a Kiwi-Strawberry smoothie.

Simple Strawberry and Yogurt Smoothie...

For the above Strawberry smoothie, i have just blended some strawberries, yogurt and sugar.. This is for my husband at dinner..

Chopped fresh juicy strawberries and ripe kiwis

You need:
  • 1 cup fresh plain low fat yogurt(store bought low fat Dannon or homemade curd)
  • Milk ( optional, add if the yogurt or curd is too sour )
  • 5 fresh ripened Strawberries
  • 1 ripened kiwi ( you can core it if you want )
  • Honey according to your taste
  • Ice


Getting ready be churned
How to:
  • Clean and chop strawberries
  • Peel Kiwi fruit and you can remove the core if you don't like any seeds
  • In a blender( I use Braun Hand Blender, so easy to whip up any smoothie in no time ), add strawberries and Kiwi.
  • Once pureed, add ice, honey and yogurt and blend it until frothy.
  • And the toppings could be endless from fresh fruit to cereals like granola, raisin bran or your favorite cereal , now that's a complete nutritious breakfast!!!

Healthy Strawberry and Kiwi Honey Yogurt Smoothie

This simple delicious smoothie is on its way to.,

38 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

hi dear...
wow wonderful... looks delicious... nice colour... mouth watering healthy drick...great click... ur blog is very nice and fantastic....etc

@the_whisk_affair said...

perfect smoothie!! loved the splash of color in the glass, and it sure sounds like a delicious combo!! its cooling me down already!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Love this recipe...will try it for sure.

Mansi said...

ooh, that sure looks beautiful, and healthy! thanks for participating in the healthy Cooking event gal!:)

Anonymous said...

delish - and a nice click!

Hetal said...

Great recipe,the smoothie looks yumm..

Bhawana said...

looking just wow. added it to my favourites. will try for sure.

Anonymous said...

wow!! That looks great. I love smoothies. Specially strawberry.

Unknown said...

looks beautiful..can you pass me that glass !!!

bee said...

yummy. you could send it for marta's fresh produce of the month event. the theme is strawberries.

Sunshinemom said...

Wow! Delicious! Looks perfect:)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Your post header says it all! Looks really delicious. I love them in summer. Great coolers.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful picture and delicious drinks

Uma said...

delicious smoothie kalva. beautiful glass too.

delhibelle said...

what a sweet, delicious pink colour! love the combo with kiwis!

TBC said...

I'd like to try the kiwi smoothie. I don't think I've ever bought kiwis!

Unknown said...

oh my god.... see my blog...

KALVA said...

Thanks Sripriya glad u like my blog and the recipes..

Yep Jz the Kiwi and Strawberry smoothie was both colorful and delicious

Thanks Vanamala, hope you like it..

KALVA said...

Thanks Mansi for hosting the Healthy Eats event.

Thanks Kribles and Hetal.. Glad you guys liked the smoothie..

KALVA said...

Bhawana, just make sure you use the ripened Kiwis, because unripened may give some bitterness.


Nithu, you are on my husbands side then, he loves Strawberry Smoothie..

KALVA said...

Oh Sowmya here you go....!

Thanks Bee i have just sent this smoothie to Martas Fresh produce of the Month Straw berries event

KALVA said...

Thanks SunshieMom and Simran for your wonderful comments..

Yes Aparna, using yogurt really cools down the body heat in these summers..

Sailaja said...

wow too good. I love yogurt.
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Your blog looks great

Chef Jeena said...

What a wonderful smoothie it looks so good!

Madhavi said...

Smoothie looks delicious, yummmmm!!!

http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

Illatharasi said...

Wonderful smoothie.... looks absolutely delicious....:)

Pick up your award from my blog:)

Bhawana said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy, looks wonderful. pics are just beautiful and tempting :).

Illatharasi said...

Check my blog for a surprise:)

ST said...

wow....That looks great. I love smoothies...Gr8 click......

Sagari said...

yummm deleciousss smoothie kalva

Dori said...

I love smoothies, it looks so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Decadent!!!!

EC said...

wow...u covered so many events at one go, great...the smoothie looks divine. Thanks for participating

Cynthia said...

I love smoothies.

Meera said...

Really delicious & healthy too. Loved it.

skoraq cooks said...

I simply adore smoothies of all sorts. And I also adore this one. So yummmyyy :-)

Anonymous said...

you just got me to actually get of my behind and go get a smoothie!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I think I will have to have a smoothie today. My kitchen is ripe with all sorts of fruits at the moment, so smoothie it is!

Recently I have been making my own almond milk - very easy. And smoothies made from home made almond milk are truly something else.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
Web Informer Button