This is another delicious recipe made with indian cheese called paneer. Paneer or cheese cubes are cooked in a mild cashewnut and tomato sauce( gravy ). This curry gets its richness from cashewnuts ( kaju ).
- 14 ounces paneer or tofu cut into 1 inch cubes
- 10-15 cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp ground ginger paste
- 1 tbsp ground garlic paste
- 2 onions
- 2 - 3 tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas
- 1 cup milk
- 4 green chilllies
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup oil
- Add some oil in kadai and toast cashews and keep them aside.
- In the same oil saute cheese( paneer ) cubes until golden brown as shown is the picture and drain them on paper towels
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 5 min, remove skin and blend the tomatoes into juice and keep aside.
- In a food processor chop onions and green chillies very finely and keep aside
- Make cashnewnuts into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the kadai and add the chopped onions paste, ginger garlic paste until it becomes brown.
- Now add the frozen peas and saute for 2 more min.
- Add the powders and tomato juice.
- Cook until oil separates, now add cashewnut paste and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add milk and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the fried paneer and garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Adjust salt and spice to taste.
- Optional - If you want the matar paneer curry to be even more creamier, just add heavy whipping cream at the end and serve.
Tags:Indian Cottage Chesse And Peas Curry, Matar Paneer