I know its not appetizing to eat the same old plain Idli with chutney/sambar everytime.., here i am with an easy and quick crunchy Idli snack and the best part just one pan to use... Serving these crunchy wedges with some chutney or your favorite ketchup would beat any of those fatty fancy appetizers out there.. It works well even with the leftover Idli batter..
- 6" saute pan
- 2/3 - 1 cup Idly batter ( Click here for the Idly Batter Recipe )
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely grated
- chutney or ketchup for serving
- Heat the saute pan on medium flame
- In the idli batter mix in grated carrot, finely chopped onions, green chillies, cumin seeds and curry leaves
- When the skillet is medium hot, apply oil and spread the batter lightly and dot the edges with oil
- Once the bottom cooks up into crisp golden brown flip and cook on the other side
- Remove from the pan when done, cut into wedges and serve with your favorite chutney or ketchup..
Here you go., Crispy Crunchy Idly Wedges, the One pan snack in minutes. You can serve them hot or warm. I'm sure this simple healthy snack would be a definite hit even with those hard to feed kids!! This was a big hit with the kids when we went for a get-together over the last weekend. You can either serve them cold or just toast them for few minutes to bring that crunch back!!