I have to agree that Simplicity is the Best! And it is very true when coming to my Spicy Tomato Soup flavored with Coriander and Mint. You can happily enjoy this for your lunch or dinner along with some salad and toast. This is one such recipe that boasts of simplicity, flavor, comfort, nutrition and deliciousness
- 2 large / 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp MTR sambar powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera / jeela karra
- 1 tbsp oil/ghee/butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- mint leaves
- Make slits( like cross ) at the top and bottom of the tomatoes, place in a bowl with very little water and microwave for 3-4 minutes. So that we can easily peel off the skin.
- Alternatively, you can pressure cook or boil these tomatoes as whole
- Once the tomatoes are cooled, remove the peel and run them in the blender and keep aside
- If you are concerned about the seeds, you can strain the juice
- In a sauce pan now do the tadka/seasoning, first add oil /ghee followed by cumin seeds, ginger, coriander seeds and curry leaves.
- Once the garlic is golden brown add the tomato puree/juice, turmeric, sambar powder, mint leaves, slit green chillies and simmer it over medium heat.
- Add salt to taste.
- Once the soup starts to bubble, turn off the heat and finish with chopped cilantro.
My simple Mint and Cilantro flavored Tomato soup is on its way to Monthly Mingle - Soups hosted by Meeta