Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of hot toasted spicy cashews( cashew nuts ). This a very special savoury snack back home which is a classic recipe passed down from generations! Gifting with a small pack of these cashew nuts makes someone feel so special and important. My mom showers her love towards my dad just by making these and serving them hot! All i can say she is an expert doing this. Cashewnut is the king of all nuts( at least for me ) since this is dear hubby's favorite. These spicy cashews are perfect kodak moment for CLICK . Hence this will be my entry for the beautiful CLICK : NUTS event hosted by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi.
The nuts are so crunchy with the special zing from red chili powder and amchur powder, Frying them in ghee( neyyi aka clarified butter ) makes them so rich in taste( who wouldn't love butter ) . This is a perfect SNACK anytime of the day with a cup of hot tea! Once tasted your guests will leave asking for more and Yes they go real fast!!
- 1/2 pound whole cashew nuts -- I prefer to use whole cashew nuts ( jeedi pappu bollalu )
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder( amchur powder )
- 2-3 tbsp butter or ghee( clarified butter )
How to make spicy cashew nuts:
- Heat butter/ghee in kadai or pan and fry the cashew nuts under low flame
- As the cashew nuts turn into golden hue, drain them on to paper napkins and sprinkle salt, chili powder, black pepper powder and mango powder immediately
- You can adjust salt and spice to taste.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container. This stays fresh at least up to 10 days.
Wrap up these spicy, nutty and crunchy cashew nuts in a glass jar and voila simple yet delicious gift is ready! This spicy pan fried cashew nuts recipe is on its way to Spoonful Of Christmas, hosted by Zlamushka!