Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of hot toasted spicy cashews( cashew nuts ). This a very special savoury snack back home which is a classic recipe passed down from generations! Gifting with a small pack of these cashew nuts makes someone feel so special and important. My mom showers her love towards my dad just by making these and serving them hot! All i can say she is an expert doing this. Cashewnut is the king of all nuts( at least for me ) since this is dear hubby's favorite. These spicy cashews are perfect kodak moment for CLICK . Hence this will be my entry for the beautiful CLICK : NUTS event hosted by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi.



The nuts are so crunchy with the special zing from red chili powder and amchur powder, Frying them in ghee( neyyi aka clarified butter ) makes them so rich in taste( who wouldn't love butter ) . This is a perfect SNACK anytime of the day with a cup of hot tea! Once tasted your guests will leave asking for more and Yes they go real fast!!


You need:

  • 1/2 pound whole cashew nuts -- I prefer to use whole cashew nuts ( jeedi pappu bollalu )
  • 1/2 tsp red chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried mango powder( amchur powder )
  • 2-3 tbsp butter or ghee( clarified butter )


How to make spicy cashew nuts:
  • Heat butter/ghee in kadai or pan and fry the cashew nuts under low flame
  • As the cashew nuts turn into golden hue, drain them on to paper napkins and sprinkle salt, chili powder, black pepper powder and mango powder immediately
  • You can adjust salt and spice to taste.
  • Once cooled store in an airtight container. This stays fresh at least up to 10 days.

Wrap up these spicy, nutty and crunchy cashew nuts in a glass jar and voila simple yet delicious gift is ready! This spicy pan fried cashew nuts recipe is on its way to Spoonful Of Christmas, hosted by Zlamushka!


45 COMMENTS:

Finla said...

What a excelent idea. Iam going to try them too.

Sagari said...

hey kavla i tought of posting cashews today hmmmmm looks deleciouss

Renie Ravin said...

Hi Kalva, thanks for your registration with IndiBlogger and for putting up our badge. We've got an IndiChef badge for Indibloggers, and we'd love it if you put it up on your blog. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

O I have to so make these. Yum. I have been using quite a bit of amchur lately - e.g. in a chickpea chat - and loving the taste. I will definitely make these.

VegeYum

KALVA said...

Thanks Happy Cook, all the credit goes to MOM!!

KALVA said...

Sagari, cant wait for your cashew nuts recipe!!

KALVA said...

Ye Renine, i just did put it. Feel proud for being Indi Blogger!!

KALVA said...

Vegeyum, anywhere lemon or tamarind goes, you can happliy add amchur powder.. Tastes great and so handy just sprinkle some in!!

FH said...

YUMMO! Great gift to give Kalva, looks delicious!:))
I am on break, see you in 2 weeks.

KALVA said...

Thansk Asha, kudos to dear mom.. Have a great time dear!!

zlamushka said...

Hi,

thank you so much for this lovely gift! I am a true cashew nut addict. I usually buy them in a store, which I am pretty sure cannot compare to the home-made ones. I ll definitely try.

Dori said...

The first time I had anything like this I got them from Sukhadia's in Chicago. I couldn't believe how good they were, I kept eating them and eating them!!! I want some now :)

KALVA said...

Yes Zlamuskha im sure you are gonna like it! My mom makes the best spicy cashewnuts!

KALVA said...

Yes Meeso, you kindof get addicted to these spicy nuts. They taste so good, you leave asking more.. Wish i could share some with you!!

Namratha said...

My hubby's fav Kalva, am surely gonna try this at home..and the first pic is fabulous!!

Namratha said...

Hey I think you can send this even to CLICK, its nuts all this month! :)

Siri said...

Kalva,

Cashewnuts chaala bagunnayi - nutty and crunchy. Well wrapped too!

~ Siri

sunita said...

Dinesh (my better half)would have adored this...nice entry.

KALVA said...

Siri,
these are my husbands fav tooo..

KALVA said...

Sunitha., wow i think its every ones husbands all time favorite snack!!

bee said...

these do make a wonderful gift. lovely recipe. i'll try baking them.

KALVA said...

Thanks Bee, hmm baking them.. cool idea. will keep checking your posts for the baked version! Thinking if i could send this for the click event!!

Mansi said...

Kalva, that's a perfect x'mas gift! this is a preferred snack food in India:)

Shivapriya said...

oh my fav.. its a must to send snack from India.

KALVA said...

Thanks Namratha, saw the click next theme as Nuts, so you do think i can send this for the event!!

KALVA said...

Yes Mansi you are true, i think is the expensive chatpata snack over there!

KALVA said...

OOO yeah my mom makes the best ones, better than the store bought!!

Laavanya said...

These are the best! Looks great Kalva.

KALVA said...

Thanks Lavanya, checked your blog and your tamato pickle looks delicious

Kribha said...

OMG! Who can resist this? If that box was betwenn my hubby and me ,we would finish it just like that.Very nice entry for the event.

KALVA said...

Kribha, my husband will join you guys in finishing up these lip smacking goodies..

Pravs said...

What a nice snack.looks yummy.

Rina said...

Wow!! who won't like Masala Giddipappu. Nice entry dear.

swapna susarla said...

Hi
really a perfect snack for all times.

KALVA said...

Thanks Pravs, Swapna for stopping by..

KALVA said...

Rina, welcome to the club,, yes you are true , its a universal fav sanck!! Cashew nut by itself is very delicious!!

Bharathy said...

These are my husbands favourites too!..Fearing the calories in them I deliberately keep him away from these cuties :)..
I too spice these up the same way except for the amchoor..
Will try with them next time as it adds that yummy tanginess :)

Sreelu said...

Kalva, is that jar for me :) will send you my address . Cashews are my favorite and when its chatpat its even better

KALVA said...

Yes Bharathy i agree with you but itink these ar far less guilty tan the store bought where they deep fry the kaju in oil. Yes amchoor adds that zing to the cashews..

KALVA said...

Sreelu yes i can send you these.. Gimme you address dear!!

Raks said...

Great entry with that kalva!

Shabs.. said...

Hi, first time in here..u have a great space in here...thx for the recipe....My husband is also a cashewnut 'Nut'!Wud love to give these a try....once again, thx alot for the great recipe:)

shirin goel said...

Yummy!!!! Bookmarked the site…
mumbaiflowerplaza.com

roses said...

Really Yummy!!!
Rosesandgifts.com

Unknown said...

it looks wonderful...you made it beautifully.
Indian spices
Spices powder

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 
Web Informer Button