The other day i was introduced to Persimmon fruit by Indira in her post Pecan Persimmon Cake and fallen in love instantly. To quench the Jihva to try it, i rushed to Fresh Farmers Market and bought some. Yes, the fresh fruits were resting there and i couldnt stop myself staring and taking them home. The bright orange color was so appetizing to the eyes and my journey cooking the persimmon started there.
I wanted to do something with Persimmon, and Indiras recipe came to my rescue, and i made this persimmon and dates cake tweaking her recipe a bit. I added Dates and Walnuts instead of Pecans, and everything else i blindly followed her recipe.
What you need:
- 1 cup Pancake mix ( i used whole wheat pancake flour which doesn't require eggs)
- 1 Small Persimmon fruit chopped
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Maple
- ghee or butter 1/8 cup
- a pinch of baking powder
- In a mixing bowl whisk flour and baking powder
- Add melted ghee(butter), maple syrup and mix in about 1/2 cup water
- Toss the chopped up fruit, walnuts and dates
- Grease cake pan and fill in the cake batter
- Cook in the preheated oven at 350F for about 15-20 mins until the toothpick comes out clean.
This will be my entry for A Fruit of A Month (AFAM): Persimmon hosted by Trupthi.